Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Savory Stuffed Potatoes

I'm not sure where my mom got this recipe but it has been served as a side at her dinner table many a times.  Now that I have m own little family I look forward to any chance I can make these yummy things!

Savory Stuffed Potatoes

5 or 6 medium potatoes
1/3 c. butter or margarine (I usually use the margarine)
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. commercial sour cream
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
chopped chives

  Wash potatoes and rub skins with butter.  Bake at 425' for 1 hour or until done.  Allow potatoes to cool to touch.  Slice skin away from top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp. (*I've found that a melon baller is the best method for doing this.) Leaving shells intact; spoon pulp into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/3 c. butter, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper; mash potatoes until fluffy.  Stuff shells with potato mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese; bake at 425' for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with chives.

Enjoy!

PS Whenever I can track down my camera cord I'll take a picture of the final product when I post the recipe...well if it turns out edible! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment